Inviting women to join us in our mission to serve Christ, our Church, and our Community.
Who We Are
We are women of the Episcopal Church: Rooted in our past and growing into God’s future
To assist women of the Episcopal Church to carry out Christ’s work of reconciliation in the world and to take their place as leaders in the life and governance and worship of the church
Our vision for all women of the Episcopal Church is that we become a vibrant blend of all ages, coming together as a peacemaking, healing part of the Church. We aspire to be a God spark* – shining and sharing the love of Christ.
*God spark (from the Enneagram) – the core self, the part of us made in God’s image, the spirit, soul.
What We Do
Three focuses of the ECW
- To assist/enable the women of the church to carry out their mission and ministry
- To encourage proactive advocacy for educational initiatives
- To provide an opportunity for women to come together for worship, study and action.
- To create an awareness of the skills and talents women have to offer in the church.
- To strengthen lines of communication.
- To encourage familiarity with and participation in programs offered to Women of the Episcopal Church on a parish, diocesan, provincial and national level.
What We Offer
- Spiritual growth and nourishment
- Education and Leadership Training
- Opportunity for service, social action and advocacy
Service in Celebration
- Assisting with Celebrations of Life, Funerals, Baptisms, Weddings, other church functions- serving food and assisting.